How to find pooling friends
If you want to meet like minded people and get ideas for activities in your area, register with our find pooling friends forum. You will need to check first if your Local Authority has signed up to supporting this and if not you might want to suggest it to them. This is because we need to make sure there is a pool of people in a certain area for you to connect with to make the forum work well. You can register yourself (make sure you read and sign up to the safety rules listed below) and give details of the sort of people you would like to meet, as well as your interests and you can search for and send messages to like minded people. If your Local Authority or a voluntary organisation has a pooling coordinator you will be able to link up with them to get their support. You can also see if there are volunteers or support brokers in your area who would be willing to support a group like yours.
To log in after registering
Enter your user name and password then click on your username to access your account. If you get stuck check out the getting started video.
How to keep yourself safe
To use this forum safely we recommend you take the following steps:
2. Remember people don't always tell the truth about who they are or what they look like.
3. Never tell anyone your password.
4. If you set up a group only invite people you know to join.
5. Do not send messages which will hurt or offend people or you will be banned from using the site.
6. If you plan to meet someone, make sure you meet in a public place, take a friend with you and tell someone where you are going and what time you will be back.